he history of J Thibouville-Lamy dates back to 1790 in Mirecourt, France, where it was one of the biggest musical instrument manufacturers of its day.
Its production, which covered the whole range of instruments of the violin family, was of good quality and dedicated to both the French market and exports.
We find for example many instruments from this workshop in Great Britain and in the United States of America, where they are still very popular. Like other important Mirecourt workshops, Jérôme Thibouville Lamy developed a policy of trade marks.
In general, instruments bear the Jérôme Thibouville Lamy label, with quite often the JTL stamp to the inside neck’s block. A small number of them, among the nicest, bears the H. Emile BLONDELET or Louis FRICOT labels.
J Thibouville-Lamy today supplies the United Kingdom with violin family instruments and accessories from some of the world’s most reputable manufacturers of these products.